Friday, March 13, 2009

The past, re-read.

There is a lot of good in you.

Dear Friend Who Will Soon Find Out Who You Are,

Do you remember the times we had as kids? When we had so much fun together, just playing and laughing, and running under the sun? What about "Sunny Gudu Gudu"? And the S.H.E album that you bought for me? Do you remember them at all?

Remember all those, Friend, remember all those.

There was that year when we fell out with each other, and never talked again for years. Remember the isolation? Remember the spiteful remarks? Remember the heart left cold and out in the dark? Remember thinking we would never be friends again? Why remember them at all?

Leave them behind, Friend, leave them behind.

Today, Friend, I call you 'friend'. I laugh at our infantile and juvenile behaviour as kids back then. Why did I hate you then, I cannot comprehend. Where did I muster that much hatred against you, I have no idea. I am grateful though, and very very glad that we have since made up, becoming best friends for ever and ever (Yes, I know it's very primary school and cliche).

Right now, I enjoy the little SMSes that I receive from you every once in a while. I enjoy the way you randomly say, "I tell you a joke." I enjoy the occasional intellectual exchanges that I have with you, provoking thoughts and reasonings. I enjoy sharing songs with you, knowing that you need a getaway from Screamo. I enjoy doing things for/with you, because I know you will appreciate it thoroughly.

Hold on to all these, Friend, hold on to all these.

Friend till eternity,
Jacinda

Hey man!
Merry Christmas!

Now everytime I think of you I wanna laugh! LOL. Thanks for giving me such a good time at the retreat. With all your jokes and reactions, tho I know it's not intentional, it still gave me a hell of a time.

Indeed many things have happened in our friendship this past few years, all the conflict and the bastard times. As I look back at all those times, I realised one thing. That you are a very strong person at heart. And I ought to look up to you cause what you have gone thru when we were younger was pretty unacceptable. And I feel like an idiot now. But I'm really really glad that you have let nothing from the past affect our friendship now =) Tho at time there were a little rocky here and there,i know in your heart, you really really love god. I know it hasn't been easy for you at home but always remember, God didn't promise you a easy life, but he promised you a good one. So whatever you do, think about God, and you will do it better. I'm sure God has plans to use you more in other people's lifes.


Hello Manfred! :D

There's so much to say every time, but this time it's just to spread some Christmas cheer! I'm really encouraged by you,brother. Really. All the things we thought would happen at retreat, didn't happen! Instead, we enjoyed ourselves and learned somuch from the lessons, orphans, each other, etc. AWESOME! Thank you for being the Spartan in my life, that through you i see so much strength and determination to be firm in all that you believe in. Continue to glorify God in amazing ways! Love you brother! Happy X'mas!


i hope you are alright, reading that past of yours, i really felt a lot for you. your uncertainty, i could relate, because i have been there, thinking whether giving up the world is worth it for god, but right now, i am sitting here, i know so well that it is all worth it. i am glad you are reconsidering, and you came today.

no matter what, we are that family that you have lived with for half your lifetime, and there is a bond, though only starting, but certainly it will continue to grow. and what can be better than to continue this battle and eventually see everyone in heaven. that will be the ultimate retreat, the ultimate RockIt! come on brother, i know you can do it, i know you wont give it up!

where is that fighting spirit? where is that spirit of love, and concern, and fire for god? i have seen glimpse of them, shiny even from afar. the way you give your heart and serve, that is the love and the way god works in your life. you are part of the family. you play a role in all our lives, because we know you and we depend on you for the strength to fight on.

the undying fortitude in your games, bring it out, show it to us once again! surely it all means something, to us, to you. let's walk this path for god till the end. let's never quit on him. let's never betray him and go back to the world. during my bible study time, what i feared most was the bible describing me returning back to my vomit like a dog,

and a pig returning to the mud after it is cleaned. it disgusted me, it scared me. now that you have walked so far, even further than i have in your relationship with god, let it grow stronger and not let your fire dwindle. that is christianity, building your faith every single day! and you have people in your life accountable for you, people who will never forsake you,

but will stand by you and fight with you. we can do this! it isnt worth it to give up everything. if god never forsakes you, why should you? if we never gave up on you, why should you give up on yourself? we all have our ups and downs, and we should face them bravely like a man! these are struggles, but what can they do to us when we are strong in our relationship with one another and with god?

what can man to do us? what can the world do to us? manfred, i have faith that you will pull through! you have to have the faith too. let's fight this together and return victorious!

seriously, i feel so much that reading your posts makes me want to cry. you are not just somebody in the teens, you are manfred in the teens. it isnt only about being fred the swat man, but being manfred. you matter to us, whether or not we have had conflicts with one another. think about it, pray about it, open your bible and let it guide you. remember your first love for god, 

and your conviction of wanting to get baptised. if this goes on, i know i will type another eyeful. but i hope you know that all of us are concerned about you, and we worry that you will make that wrong move. we live for the truth of salvation and we care about yours too. manfred, come on! i will keep praying for you!



How I wish I had the courage to end my life like I tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment